What You Need to Know About Hurricane Shutter Maintenance
Just like every equipment on your property requires regular maintenance, hurricane shutters similarly also require maintenance to keep them storm ready. Accordion and roll-down shutters are the most commonly used shutters to protect your property. Exclusive Accordions never compromises on the quality of the products they offer. For years, we have protected many homes and buildings in Miami with our finest shutters. Hence, hurricane shutter maintenance is essential to increase the longevity of the accordion shutters. Contact us now!
Why is Hurricane Shutter Maintenance Absolutely Necessary?
Hurricane shutters are essential to protect your home from the grueling hurricane season. Most people don’t consider shutter maintenance necessary as they never check the durability of the shutters after they are installed. If your shutters are old, it is necessary to make sure they are in good condition before the storm hits your home. Moreover, unmaintained hurricane shutters might fail to protect your property from an impending storm. To protect your home, your family and your valuables from a storm, make sure to check the locks, wheels and other parts of the accordion shutters Miami.
Save Money by Avoiding Expensive Repairs
When you take the time out to maintain the shutters, it can help you save a lot of money. Over time, the shutters can suffer decay and damage that could lead to expensive repairs or complete replacement. Keeping the wheels of the shutters open and well lubricated will ensure that the hurricane shutters are able to open and close in little time. As the storm warning is issued you might not have the time to repair the hurricane shutters which might lead to severe property damage. Accordion shutters Miami ideally take 10 to 20 minutes to close down a single story home if the shutters are regularly maintained.
Tips for Maintaining Hurricane Shutters
Here are some tips that you can use to keep shutters in good condition for a long time. Follow these tips to keep your home safe from storm damage:
1. The proper way to maintain an accordion shutter is to pull the thumbscrew and spray dry silicone in the threaded hole.
2. The wheels must be kept clean and free from any external debris. Greasing the wheels extends the life of accordion shutters Miami.
3. Make sure that the push release system is working and all the locks are functional. If a lock has reduced or lost its functionality, it’s essential to replace the shutter for maximum protection.
4. The universals must be kept clean and checked for any snaps or breaks. Also, keep the universals well lubricated.
5. The tracks must be regularly cleaned to make sure that they are free from any external debris or accumulated dust.
Exclusive Accordions in Miami are the best choice for your home. According to our experts, hurricane shutter maintenance is important for keeping your shutters functional for a long time. We offer affordable, reliable, and easy to use accordions for every property. Feel free to contact us anytime for further information and written price quotes. We would love to hear from you!